The 2016 Greater Lansing Baby Fair was proudly presented by
in partnership with
We deeply appreciate the support of our Sponsors
David N. Grimshaw, DO PLC
Diapers Unlimited Dydee Service
East Lansing Public Library
Essential Oils from Mother Nature
Goldfish Swim School of Okemos
Liberty Tax of Frandor
Lois Mummaw, Shaklee Independent Distributor
McLaren Greater Lansing
Next Generation Lactation Service
Rassel-Daigneault Family Chiropractic
Alex and Jayde Kids
Apple Blossom Doula
Aux Petits Soins, LLC
Babes In Blossom
Babysteps Lactation Center
Black Breastfeeding Sisterhood – a partnership between Willow Tree Family Center and Strong Start, Healthy Start
Boots & Roots – a branch of Willow Tree Family Center
BWI of Lansing
Capital Area District Libraries (CADL)
Climb Out of the Darkness 2016 | Team Lansing – a partnership with Willow Tree Family Center
Cristo Rey Family Health Clinic
Dad’s Group – a branch of Willow Tree Family Center
Expectant Parents Organization (EPO) & Capital Area Baby Cafe
Family Centered Birth Services
Family Outreach Services – an initiative of the Ingham County Health Department
Fit4Mom Meridian Township
Flourishing Families – a branch of Willow Tree Family Center
Gentle Strength Midwifery
Glorious Enterprises, LLC
Great Lakes Pediatric Associates
Haslett Child Development Center
HOPING – a branch of Willow Tree Family Center
Ingham County Clerk’s Office
Ingham County Health Department, Strong Start | Healthy Start
Ingham Great Start Collaborative
Ingham Local Leadership Group
Juice Plus+ and Tower Garden
KerrBear Kids LLC
The Lansing Doula
Lansing Doula Network – a branch of Willow Tree Family Center
Lansing Moms and Expectant Moms
Las Lengüitas Spanish Immersion
Lead Prevention Program – an initiative of Ingham County Health Department
Lil hearts Preloved boutique
Little Britches & Bow’s
Lords and Lace
LuLaRoe Mint Sky
Lyndsay J. Photography
Makeup by Alina
Maternal Infant Health Program – an initiative of Ingham County Health Department
Meridian Massage & Bodywork
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Newborn Screening
Mid-Michigan Babywearers – a branch of Willow Tree Family Center
Mid-Michigan Diaper Bank
Mint Sky Photography
Molly Massage with Molly Made
Mother & Earth Baby Boutique
MSU Speech Neurophysiology Lab & National Stuttering Association – Lansing Chapter
Native American Outreach Program – an initiative of Ingham County Health Department
New Young Fathers.com
NOCIRC of Michigan
Nurse Family Partnership – an initiative of Ingham County Health Department
N-Zo Moments Photography
Office for Young Children – an initiative of Ingham County Health Department
Once Upon a Child
Perfectly Posh / Independent Consultant Rhonda Rhines
PleasanTrees – Baby and Babywearing Accessories
Prenatal Yoga With Janet
Primerica, BookMedic Financial Solutions
Pure Haven Essentials
Red Cedar Birth + Botanicals
Registration and Enrollment Assistance Program – an initiative of Ingham County Health Department
ReLove Creative Workshop
Shades of Motherhood – a branch of Willow Tree Family Center
Simply Bliss Spa and Esthetique
Sparrow Medical Group – Holt
Stories on the Move™
Stunning Anna K.
Support Groups of Willow Tree Family Center
The Traveling Tot
Thirty-One Gifts – Stephanie McCann Independent Consultant
Usborne Books & More with Jen
Whistle Pig Woodshop
Women’s Health Center – an initiative of Ingham County Health Department
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) – an initiative of Ingham County Health Department
Thank you to our media partners
Thank you to our photographers
2016 Events and Attractions
Main Stage Attractions
10:00AM – DOORS OPEN!!
- Welcome from Barb Byrum, Ingham County Clerk and Linda Vail, Health Officer at Ingham County Health Department
- Sponsor Addresses
Early childhood music class with Melissa Sigh from Sigh Studio of Music!
Zumba® with Antonio Cruz from Cruz Control Fitness!
Yoga with Janet from Maha Mamas
All Day Attractions
Check out the following attractions going all day!
- Rock and Rest – Meet with local breastfeeding support groups at a nursing and diaper changing station!
- Meet staff from Little Green Branches at 11am and 1pm to learn about cloth diapers!
- Ma Spa – Get some tips for quick and easy make up for the busy mom from Simply Bliss Spa and Esthetique and Makeup by Alina ! Relax with a quick massage from Meridian Massage and Bodywork and Molly Massage! Shop for cute things for you (and donate to Willow Tree!) with LuLaRoe Mint Sky !
- Kids Korner – Join the Capital Area District Libraries (CADL) for crafts, a sensory table, story time, and a special visit from Lexi!
- 10:15, 11:15, and 12:15 Storytime!!!
- Mid Michigan Babywearers – Meet with leaders from Mid-Michigan Babywearers to learn about safe babywearing, and how to keep your baby close enough to kiss!
- Babywearing 101 class is running at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, and 1:30! Stop by to learn about different kinds of carriers and which may be right for you.
- Healthy Habits – Learn about how to have a healthy pregnancy and strong start for your babe! Join students and faculty from Lansing Community College’s Dental Hygiene Program for Oral Cancer and Exam screenings and information. Learn about tobacco cessation with the Michigan Tobacco Quitline. Meet staff from multiple programs with the Ingham County Health Department.
- Lansing Doula Network – Meet some of our local doulas and learn all about many different pregnancy and birth-related topics!
- 10:15 – 10:45 Planning a Healthy Pregnancy with Mother’s Heart Birthing Services
- Whether you are pregnant or planning on getting pregnant soon, come and learn about what you can expect and how to promote a healthy pregnancy. Topics include common discomforts and remedies, how to get the nutrition you and your baby need, and what types of exercises can be done during pregnancy.
- 11:00 – 11:30 What is a Doula with the Lansing Doula Network
- Are you pregnant? Thinking of becoming pregnant?Did you know that utilizing a doula during labor is proven to lower the use of unnecessary interventions and improve your satisfaction with your labor experience? Join us to learn more about what a doula is and how a doula could help you meet your birth goals.
- 11:40 – 12:10 Breastfeeding 101 with Next Generation Lactation Service
- Have Questions About Breastfeeding? Breastfeeding 101 will explain basic concepts of milk making, early feeding cues, and how to recognize a good latch. With tips on identifying when to seek help and managing the first weeks at home.
- 12:20 – 12:50 Baby Care Basics with Family Centered Birth Services
- Do you have questions about how to care for your baby? Would you like some tips on how to get off to the right star? In this class we will cover topics including, but not limited to: *What to expect at the hospital * Choosing a Pediatrician * Diapering, including cord and circumcision care * Baby Cues * Sleep Tips
- 1:00 – 1:30 Homebirth: Not just for Hippies with Red Cedar Birth Services
- Have you always wondered about what a home birth looked like? Is it all about candles and being on your couch? What about the mess? Come to this mini-session to get the answers to these questions and more. Tour a birth tub, see a midwive’s set up and a really adorable special guest.
- 10:15 – 10:45 Planning a Healthy Pregnancy with Mother’s Heart Birthing Services
Stop by the following exhibitors, who are generously donating a portion of their proceeds to Willow Tree Family Center as a donation!
11:00AM & 12:00PM – Ingham Great Start presents Parent Cafè!
What are the benefits of being friends with those in your child’s playgroup? What do you want to teach your children about friendship? What gets in the way of asking for the help you need? How do you stay strong and flexible?
Join Ingham Great Start Connect for one or both Parenting Cafè sessions. There is limited seating for 12 parents per session. Engaging activities for kids are provided by Capital Area District Libraries while you engage in conversation about the above questions, and more!
RSVP by April 13 by emailing email@example.com OR calling 517.203.8937
1:00PM – Mid Michigan Diaper Bank presents the 5Y DIAPER DASH!
- Babies birth through 12mo (crawlers only!) will race down a 16x8foot track
- A coach is on both ends, as a starter and also a coaxer to the finish line! Coaches may use any means necessary to coax their babe but cannot enter the race area.
- Heats are 2 minutes long
- All participants receive a ribbon, and fastest three dashers will get a trophy!
- Make sure you read the documents below for more information
- Signup using this link! 5Y Diaper Dash Signup