Here are some highlights from the Lansing Baby Fair – 2015!
We had great door prizes, like:
- A birthday party at Goldfish Swim School!
- A $50 gift certificate for Magan Konoski Photography
- A $100 gift certificate for Chiropractic care PLUS a 30 minute massage from Volz Family Chiropractic
- A Bibdana or Suck Pads from PleasanTrees
- A 7 inch Tile from Captured in Clay
- Toys from Discovery Toys
- Passes from Impressions Five
- Eco-friendly baby products from Little Green Branches
- Free or discounted classes from EPO and Aux Petits Soins, LLC
We had great attractions, like:
- Rock and Rest – Meet with local breastfeeding support groups like Baby Cafe and the La Leche League at a nursing a diaper changing station!
- Mommy Make Over – Get some tips for quick and easy make up for the busy mom!
- Kids Korner – Little ones can get their face painted, visit with friends from the Capital Area District Libraries, or play with Play.!
- Baby Wearing Corner – Check out different baby carriers and learn what is right for you!
- Car Seat Q and A – Check out different car seats and learn about properly latching, buckling, and placement in the vehicle!
- Newborn Dental Hygiene Screenings – It is never too early to check your baby and learn some tips for creating that healthy smile!
- Captured in Clay – Come make a memorable tile that will last a life time! These tiles are perfect gifts for holidays and special occasions! To reserve your time slot, click HERE!
AND we had a great schedule of events, like:
Schedule of Events:
10:00 AM- DOORS OPEN!!
- Greetings! -Hear from our Platinum Sponsors while you browse the tables.
- Great Cloth Diaper Change participants may begin to gather in the Breakout Room.
- The Great Cloth Diaper Change! – Main Stage
- Stories on the Move – A highly innovative and completely unique play-based movement and dance class, designed by Karrie Korroch, to encourage physical fitness and well-being for young children. Stories on the Move incorporates the art of storytelling, the principles of the Nia Technique, and extensive study of the importance of play to get parents and children moving, laughing, learning, and playing together. This class offers something for everyone!
- Intimacy After Baby – Join Tianna Rooney, Ph.D. to talk about maintaining the relationship between you and your partner after the baby comes!
- Prenatal Yoga – Janet is a certified prenatal/postnatal yoga instructor registered with the yoga alliance. She teachers at several studios throughout the area. Practicing yoga through pregnancy can help retain strength, flexibility, and relieve discomforts!
- Cloth Diapering 101 – Ever wonder if cloth diapering is right for you? These are not your grandma’s cloth diapers! Join Missie Baldwin, owner of Little Green Branches, to talk about cloth diaper basics, learn about cloth options, and answer your questions about covering your little one with fluff!
- Car Seat Safety with Brie – What is the most dangerous thing that you will be doing with your baby once the bundle of joy arrives? Traveling! Join this local car seat technician for a session on car seat safety education! Keep your baby safe during all stages of life.
- The Lansing Doula Network Did you know that women who have a doula attend their birth tend to have shorter labors, fewer interventions, and higher rates of satisfaction? Come and learn what exactly a doula is and what exactly a doula does, and learn how to meet YOUR doula through the Lansing Doula Network!
- Music Time with Ms. Melissa! – Sing a long with our music, and maybe learn some new tunes for your little one too! Children will be free to explore songs, movement, instruments, and musical toys while immersed in a rich musical environment. Classes are interactive, informal, and playfully encourage children to create their own sounds and movements!
- Postpartum Mental Health – Join Kersten Kimmerly, LMSW to talk about your mental health care during pregnancy and postpartum period.
- A BEAUTIFUL BOND – The oral health connection between mother and child. – Dr. Susan Maples will talk you through the importance of your child’s oral health and when to get started.
- College: Getting From Here to There – Babies are a lot of money, and all this does not stop once they turn 18! Come to a workshop with financial planner Carrie Thorburn to get some tips and ideas for planning for your baby’s future!
- Homemade Baby Food – Come learn tips of the trade about making homemade baby food from the author of “Making Homemade Baby Food: From One Mom to the Next”.
- Soothing Your Newborn – We all know that newborns cry. We will find out why and give you some tried and true tips on soothing your newborn.
- Babywearing 101 – Join the Ingham County Babywearing Club to learn about what exactly it means to WEAR your BABY! Look at different carriers, learn about babywearing safety, and figure out which carrier is right for you!
- Postpartum Self-Care – What should a mom really expect for healing after having a baby? Come find out some tips for self-care that will help you recover after giving birth to your child.
Here is a list of vendors who joined us in 2015!
|DELTA DENTAL||DR. SUSAN MAPLES, DDS||GOLDFISH SWIM SCHOOL|
|LITTLE GREEN BRANCHES||MIDWIFERY MATTERS||ESSENTIAL OILS FROM MOTHER NATURE|
McLAREN GREATER LANSING
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH – ORAL HEALTH
MOLLY & OLIVER’S – CHILDREN’S ONLINE UPSCALE RESALE BOUTIQUE
RASSEL-DAIGNEAULT FAMILY CHIROPRACTIC
All Body Kneads, LLC
Aux Petits Soins, LLC
Babysteps Lactation Center- Tina Brenner RN, IBCLC
Capital Area District Libraries
CODA Music Therapy Services, LLC
DHS Ingham County
Expectant Parents Organization
Family and Child Charities – Family Growth Center
Gentle Strength Midwifery
Great Start Preschool
Great Start to Quality
Harmonious World Midwifery
Ingham County Babywearers Club
Ingham County DHS
Ingham Great Start Collaborative
It Works- Becca Williams
Jamberry Nails, Independent Consultant – Lindsay Maki
Juniper Rose Designs
Lansing Community College
Lansing Doula Network
The Lansing Moms and Expectant Moms
Little Britches & Bow’s
Magan Konoski Photography
Matilda Jane Clothing
Meridian Massage & Bodywork
Michigan Department of Community Health
Michigan State University Extension
Mitzi’s Doula Services
Red Cedar Birth & Botanicals
Thirty-One Gifts, Rhonda Rhines
Usborne Books & More – Jen Grice
Volz Family Chiropractic
Wee Babes Hand Knits